Ever noticed just how there are no clocks, nor windows inside a casino? You might be thinking to yourself, “ah, I never thought about that”. Sometimes it might seem quite strange, the little detail we don’t notice, or rather the bigger detail that surrounds the smaller detail, such as the fact that you didn’t realize just how that small tiny detail could affect your psychological status, and just how it manipulates it.
Manipulate? What a word.t a scene for entertainment could manipulate you, pretty much takes the fun out of everything, doesn’t it? No fret. We are all human… In fact, there might only be a mere few percents that picked up on the windows and clocks. It’s hard to say that you, along with a casino full of co-gamblers are in the same boat, but in this case let’s rather reference a ship. Yes… A ship might be better.
No clock, big foul?
Ever noticed how quickly you lose money in a casino? Ever noticed how you can’t stop? That is because gamblers never realize how late it is. On the contrary to a lack of clocks and windows, you’ll notice the lighting in your local casino is quite… bright. How come you may also ask? Well, it’s a trick to make you think that you’ve only been there for a short amount of time. It manipulates you to think that it is around the same time of that of when you arrived. As a gambler, this will trick you do not realize how long you’ve been losing money. In addition, it gets you to ignore the next to impossible odds of winning versus the more realistic odds of losing.
Casino designers are thus master manipulators and are paid a great deal of money, simply to create an illusion. Some might even refer to a casino as visiting an escapism, or rather another dimension where you simply react without thinking, whilst mindlessly wasting your dollars.
The aspects of the design included in the principles of designing a casino
- Gambling equipment should be inside casino entrances as it beats vacant and boring entrances or empty lobbies. Why is this important? It is the first attraction the casino-comers see; thus, it is utilized as a strategic intervention to lure people in even more.
- If you’ve visited a casino before, or you visit them often, you’ll be sure to realize the maze-like layout of the casino’s design. It usually includes a wide, straight passageway, as well as isles.
- Designers make use of low ceilings, rather than high ceilings.
- They tend to skip the decorations and usual interior and add more gambling equipment and accessories.
- They emphasize the equipment, use wallpaper and an exquisite coat of paint.
If you open your eyes, casinos sell. They don’t just sell the opportunity to win money, but at an even bigger perspective, the ultimate lifestyle and dream, all at the same time.